Friday, May 15, 2009

To Say Nothing of the Dog

I read this book far after I should have. I'm not sure why it took so long, since I stumbled on the author, Connie Willis, in high school. And I loved that book, The Doomsday Book, but for once I didn't rush right out and buy everything else by the author. When I did get to reading To Say Nothing of the Dog and Passage. I'll get to Passage some other time. Because, as much as I enjoyed Passage, To Say Nothing of the Dog is the one I constantly go back to and read again. It's fun in a way that the others aren't, for all that they are wonderful books. And any book that manages to have a well thought out time travel scheme matched with a quest for the Bishop's Birdstump (it took me forever to realize just what this was, and if you want to know, you'll have to read the book, I'd hate to ruin the surprise), spanning from the Stone Age to 2054 in the quest to get to a certain moment in WWII Coventry, and the attempt to return a cat to it's own time after it defied all known rules of time travel, and you have a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment