Monday, March 24, 2008

The Bridge at Remagen

I'm on a history kick again. I picked up this book about the first Americans to cross the Rhine in WWII on a bridge that no one expected to still be standing when they got there mostly because I was looking for a book that would teach me something I didn't know before, but also not be too much of an overview. I was also tempted because the bridge had been mentioned in passing in another WWII book that I read recently, Secret Soldiers about the American Strategic Deception group (another interesting read). Most of the action in this book centers on one company, and their heroism. I can't say much more about it than that it was a wonderful read. It also did a very good job of putting the action into context, while also not loosing focus on the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment