Monday, April 23, 2012

Eureka

This evening, the second episode of the last season of Eureka will air and I'm very excited to see where it goes. I've been a fan of the series since the first episode aired, and was very sad when I heard that this season would be the last. I've loved watching Jack Carter becoming a part of the town and watching him change as he adopted Eureka as his own. His start in town was, perhaps not promising. Jack was a Federal Marshal passing through when an accident causes him and his daughter Zoe to have to stop over in town for a few days. Zoe had run away, again, from her home in LA, and Jack was dragging her back, again. And at the end of the pilot, no one was more surprised than Jack that he'd been offered a promotion to Sheriff of Eureka. Henry was friendly, Jo was hostile, Allison was skeptical, Fargo was unable to see a dangerous looking button and not push it. But over the years, they've become one of my favorite teams to watch. And I'm so excited to see the next episodes, while very well aware that each new one I see is one less that's left. So far, it looks like Eureka is keeping with the format that I've loved, of a central problem, usually a scientific experiment gone awry that Jack and his team need to figure out, usually before it destroys the town or the world. Another normal day in Eureka. This season also promises to have another strong arc, hopefully answering some of my questions about what has been an occasional side story that's been popping up every now and again since the first season. I've tried to avoid any spoilers, which is sometimes difficult when talking about a series that has had as wonderful and surprising a run as this one has. This show has made me laugh and cry. I love these characters and will be very sad to see them go. But it looks like the show will end in style and I can't wait to see what happens next! If you haven't seen Eureka, find it on Netflix or DVD and start at the beginning. It is well worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment