Friday, July 27, 2007

Night Train to Memphis

Thinking about Harry Potter and the end of a series brought me, as most thoughts of satisfying ends of series do, to Night Train to Memphis. This is the last of the Vicky Bliss novels that have been written to date (and probably to any date from what I heard from the author) by Elizabeth Peters. This is the perfect cap to the series, and does so many wonderful things for the whole arc of the series and the main characters, that I tend to reread it rather frequently. I have a second copy of the book because I kept checking it out of the library often enough that after a year of near continuous struggles to remember when to renew the book, I decided I should just get the copy I found at the local library book sale, and not have to worry any more. :)

Vicky Bliss is an Art Historian, who bribes her boss into hiring her, though he probably would have anyway, since he believes she's a super sleuth, and then gets into assorted trouble as she constantly finds herself involved with plots revolving around missing, famous or forged art, and a certain thief who keeps turning up. And I refuse to give any of it away, but this is a series to be enjoyed and savored, and the last instalment is the crown of the whole wonderful series.

No comments:

Post a Comment